Wednesday, August 13, 2008

SaWaDiKa Thai Zone

Last night, my dad and I were going to eat at Rockfish to celebrate his birthday, but at the last minute he called me and asked if I wanted to try a new Thai restaurant. Well, since my goal is to try Pad Se Iew at every Thai restaurant in the Metroplex, I had no problem saying "YES"! We went to a SaWaDiKa Thai Zone (http://www.sawadika.com/about-us.html), which has come highly recomended. The storefront restaurant was very cozy and authentic thai aromas filled the air. I ordered my traditional Pad Se Iew with extra veggies and light oil. The soy sauce drenched flat rice noodles were soft and chewy, just they way I love them. The veggies included mushrooms, carrots, baby bok choy, baby corn, broccoli, and napa cabbage. They were all the perfect texture...not too soft and not too crispy. All the dishes looked fresh and delicious. I will definitely return to this Thai restaurant again. I did not plan on trying a new place, so I did not take my camera. A picture of the leftovers will have to do.

No comments: