Sunday, December 14, 2008

Melt In Your Mouth Apple Bundt Cake



My mother-in-law made this bundt cake recipe at Thanksgiving, and my husband loved it! He described it as "liquid apple" that just "melts in your mouth." I decided I had to try to make this masterpiece myself. Can you believe I have never made a bundt cake? I found a Wilton bundt cake pan on sale for $5 at Target. My first bundt attempt turned out pretty well. I might make this for the Christmas office party.


Apple Bundt Cake
3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
4 Cups chopped apple (granny smith)

Topping
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter

Mix together eggs, oil and sugar. Blend flour, cinnamon, and baking soda together and add to egg mixture. Then add vanilla, almond and fold in apples. Bake at 350* in bundt pan for 60 min. or until it tests done. Melt butter in sauce pan and add sugar and evaporated milk. Boil carefully for 5 minutes and pour on top of warm cake.
Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

22 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

I love bundt cakes! This one sounds great. I'm sure you'll be making them all the time now!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Megan you've won my heart. I love all apple pastries. I am definitely keeping this recipe. Thank you sweetie.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I love baking bundt cakes!! Man oh man, does that one look splendid.

Anonymous said...

Mmm granny smith apples? Great!

Unknown said...

melting in your mouth? what a recommendation!!!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

The bundt cake looks amazing!!! Love its cute form. ^_^

Stephanie said...

Looks similar to one that I made, and if it tastes similar then yummy wow! Great job on making such a beautiful bundt cake, especially since it's your first. I only recently started cooking in bundt and tube pans, and it's a lot of fun!

Wandering Coyote said...

Mmmm...I love anything with apple in it!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Oh my, super yum! Love the addition of the syrup over the cake!!

*Kimmie* said...

Looks delicious!!!

Zesty Cook said...

Ummm excuse me Megan. can you please ship that cake to Canada.... or I have to go to Texas. One or the other.

zesty

Reeni said...

Your first bundt came out great! What a delicious recipe, I love your husbands description!

Laurie said...

I love bundt cakes but I don't remember the last time I made one. This one looks delish!

healthy ashley said...

Holy cow this sounds good I've never made a bundt, but maybe I need to try one, too!

Anonymous said...

I've never tried to make bundt cake before, either! Your first attempt looks like a big success - definitely melt-in-your-mouth worthy!!

Cristine said...

YUM! I bet it's delicious!

Shelby said...

Bundt cakes are so easy and so fun and everyone loves them - especially when they are coated with a glaze (like yours!).

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hi Meg!! Saw your comment on my blog = DEFINITELY check out BlendTec; and here's where I purchased the vegan caramels:

http://veganstore.com/index.html?stocknumber=843

Bob said...

That looks awesome. Good job on your first bundt, it turned out way better than my last one. :)

priscilla joy said...

This looks so good. Bundt cakes are the best, and so delicious too!

Sam said...

Looks great, apple cake is a favourite in my house!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a bundt pan (shhhh...don't tell anybody...) but this cake could find its way into any pan in my cupboard just so I could try it. Oh. My.