Sunday, September 21, 2008

Faux Pumpkin Risotto


Yes...it is pumpkin again!! Tonight's dinner was a faux pumpkin risotto. I had no risotto in the house, so I decided to use brown rice. I was surprised at what a wonderful savory taste this dish had. A nutmeg laced pumpkin taste with creaminess added by ricotta cheese. The peas were thrown in for color and to add more veggies! This is definitely my new comfort meal! If only I had one of rubybean77's gingerbread cupcakes for dessert.

Faux Pumpkin Risotto


serves 2


3/4 cup cooked brown rice


1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese


1/4 cup pumpkin


1/8 tsp nutmeg

Combine all ingredients and heat on stove top until warm or in microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Top with Parmesan cheese if desired.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Your blog could be renamed "Megan's Pumpkin Munchies" ;0)

Anonymous said...

Yummm looks good to me. Would cottage cheese work just as well do you think? Probably not, I was just curious ;)

rubybean77 said...

HA! You're so cute! Thanks for mentioning me in your blog! WHOOHOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great looking risotto. Especially the peas, lol, they really do pop the color... I love things like that making the dish pretty. Do you think it would work without the ricotta cheese? I can make non-dairy cheese, but just wondering. Or would that total omission mess up the creamy factor?

GroundedFitness said...

wow- risotto? even if its faux, you are braver than I.

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

Unknown said...

Yum, I just made some squash risotto, which I'll get to posting today i hope!

Reeni said...

YUM! I bet the ricotta and pumpkin combo tasted great together! Keep the pumpkin coming!!!

allularpunk said...

i'm having a major pumpkin obsession as well, and i literally had a dream that i made those pumpkin drop bisquits last night. with soymilk tho ;)

Krista said...

Hi Megan!
If you check out post called "pumpkin x 3" you will find a dish I created using pumpkin and bulgur. I think you may enjoy it!

Megan said...

I love pumpkin and glad to see all your pumpkin dishes. I might have to try that pumpkin oat bar!

Lisa K said...

I'm going to make this soon...I have all the ingredients on hand!

jdbauer said...

I'm digging the pumpkin and I think I'm going to pick a pumpkin tomorrow for the next Heady Pepper. I tried bringing the P words closer together. Drats. Looks delicious. I love the cheese you're using with nutmeg. I'm always making risotto dishes without the risotto.

Laurie said...

Thanks for the comment on my holupkis, Megan! This looks really good. My fussy son might even eat it. He who hates everything actually likes rice and pumpkin. Not brown rice, though!

That Girl said...

I love butternut squash risotto. I don't know why I never thought of pumpkin!

anudivya said...

Wow! That is one good looking risotto. First time here, and you have a great blog going on here.

Olga said...

once I made fake risotto by using orzo :)

It's fun to think of new ways to make old recipes.