Friday, May 8, 2009

Banana Toffee Cupcakes

These cupcakes are so rich you don't really need frosting. The banana, chocolate, and toffee flavors blend perfectly in this cupcake treat. I used the Heath toffee bits, and added more than called for in the original recipe. You can never have too much chocolate and toffee! I used a yellow cake mix this time, but I am going to use a banana cake mix next time for an even stronger banana flavor.


Banana Toffee Cupcakes
link to recipe at BettyCrocker.com

1 box yellow cake mix
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 eggs
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
3/4 cup Heath toffee bits

Directions:
Heat oven to 350°F.
Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, almond extract and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds.
Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
Add bananas; beat until smooth.
Stir in 1/2 cup toffee bits.
Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
Sprinkle remaining toffee bits on top of each cupcake.
Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Immediately remove from pans to cooling racks.

Subscribe here to get your free daily updates to Megan's Munchies!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now these deserve a HOLY YUM!!!

Susan @ SGCC said...

Oh, wow! These look amazing! What a great flavor combination!

Maria said...

I love anything with toffee! YUM!

Donna-FFW said...

Toffee and bananas .. two favorites here in my household. They look so tasty!

Mara @ What's For Dinner? said...

AMAAZING!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those sound delicious - love the combination of banana and toffee!

Alison Can Read said...

Fabulous! Looks great...even though I hate bananas. Toffee is yummy.

Foodie with Little Thyme! said...

I love love love toffee. I will make these. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon said...

WHOA, I want to sink my teeth into one.. or two!!! =D

Kerstin said...

Banana and toffee together sounds like a great flavor combo! They look SO good!

pigpigscorner said...

Wonderful and very sinful combo! Love it!

Bunny said...

I love recipes like this Megan it looks incredible!!

Tangled Noodle said...

Anything with chocolate candies has my vote!

Reeni said...

What a tasty little dessert, Meghan! And I didn't even know they made banana cake mixes, ha!!

Lexie said...

Oh my gosh...these look Amazing!!! I think I need to go eat something sweet after seeing these!

Bec said...

those look amazingly awesome!

stephchows said...

I think I made some kind of banana muffin/bread thing every weekend :) love um!!

Katrina said...

Oooh yum!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Oh, boy! Banana toffee cupcakes sound amazing! A winner at my house for sure!
~ingrid

Norma said...

Really effective info, lots of thanks for the article.