Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cinnamon Raisin Pastry Rounds

I have always loved anything with cinnamon and raisins! The two flavors pair so well together. These treats will definitely satisfy a cinnamon raisin craving, and they fill the house with an amazing cinnamon aroma while they are baking. These would be perfect in the morning with a cup of coffee!

Cinnamon Raisin Pastry Rounds

1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Heat oven to 375°F.
Prepare cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Unroll dough and separate into 2 rectangles.
Press perforations to seal.
Sprinkle raisins evenly over dough, pressing into dough.
Brush rectangles with half of the butter.
In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
Sprinkle half of sugar mixture evenly over dough.
Starting with one short side of each rectangle, roll up and seal edge.
Cut each roll into 3 slices.
Place each slice, cut side down, between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
Press each into 5-inch round. Remove plastic wrap and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
Brush rounds with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.

Subscribe here to get your free daily updates to Megan's Munchies!

25 comments:

Susan said...

What a cool idea- and so simple- perfect for unexpected company with a cup of coffee! Thanks

Donna-FFW said...

Oh, I so love the simplicity of this recipe. It is absolutely perfect for a weekday breakfast before school. Thanks for the idea.. it is a GREAT one!

Maria said...

Ooooh! I love cinnamon raisin everything!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Megan- those look really good! It would be something wonderful to bring to a friend's house.
Thanks for sharing!

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

this sounds so easy with the pillsbury biscuits! I agree- cinnamon and raisin is awesome together- especially with a little butter too.

Bunny said...

I love crescent rolls, these sound so good Megan!

Wandering Coyote said...

Yum! I can practically smell them from up here in Canada!

pigpigscorner said...

They look like cookies! I love cinnamon and raisin combo too and I just had cinnamon and raisin oatmeal for breakfast!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

I love cinnamon everything!!! :) so please a round for me!

Shelby said...

So easy and quick and I'm sure delicious!

Jennifer said...

Gosh,I am so sick right now and could really sue some of these but I have no strength to make them....do you do road tips?

Tangled Noodle said...

A great little treat to whip up quickly (but that's also the danger)! 8-)

Anonymous said...

Love cinnamon + raisins! Or just about anything with cinnamon ;)

Heidi said...

How simple. What a great way to turn crescent rolls into something amazing.

Anne said...

Ooh, those look delicious! What a great idea!

Alisa - Frugal Foodie said...

Yum, thos look so tasty and sound nice and simple!

Bec said...

these look amazing!

Alison Can Read said...

So simple. Looks delicious! I love cinnamon and raisins too. But I love cinnamon and chocolate chips even more!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

These pastry rounds look really scrumptious! I've never had such a speciality...

cheers,

Rosa

Jenn@slim-shoppin said...

Those look great Megan!

I assume you meant 1/4 CUP of butter?

That would be a great thing to make on the weekend!!

Elyse said...

Mmm, these pastry rounds look totally fabulous!! I love cinnamon raisin anything, but pairing those flavors with pastry was especially brilliant! They look delish. Sorry that I've been a bad commenter for the past couple of weeks; I just finished law school exams and am just now getting to my google reader!

stephchows said...

MMMMMM I would have totally put raisins in the muffins I have posted today... except John hates them! How can you hate raisins??? I love um :)

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you with regard to cinnamon and raisins. The possibilities are endless! I love the pastry rounds and can envision myself enjoying them with my morning coffee, for sure. Yum!

The Novice Berker said...

Thanks so much for your comment! :) I love your recipe ideas, this one especially. I am a serious sucker for anything cinnamon, but the cinnamon-raisin combo is just a hands-down winner every time!

sartaj faisal said...

Hi

Great post..


Diet Plan
,
Walk In Clinic
,
Healthy Diet Foods
,
Health and Medicine
,
Real estate blogs
,
JObs opportunities for us
,
Travel In Pakistan