Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cinnamon Oat Muffins

Who can resist cinnamon sugar? These muffins can be thrown together quickly for a breakfast treat. They have a dense texture due to the oat flour, and a crunchy top from the cinnamon sugar. In the pictured muffins, I put a little cinnamon sugar in the middle, but this led to them falling apart more easily when eating them. I think I will top these with a yummy glaze next time.


Cinnamon Oat Muffins
1 cup oat flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 cup cinnamon sugar

1/2 cup soy milk
2 tblsp canola oil


Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix oat flour, baking powder, and 3 tbsp cinnamon sugar together.
Gradually mix in soy milk and oil.
Pour mix into 6-8 muffin tins/paper liners.
Top each with 1 tsp cinnamon sugar.
Bake for 25 minutes or until they test done.


Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

27 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Mmmmmmm...I can just smell these right now...

Barbara Bakes said...

Yummy and healthy - how nice!

Elyse said...

Mmm, you're so right: who can resist cinnamon sugar?! These oaty muffins sound absolutely fabulous!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

holy yum!!! Love the cinnamon muffin!
what's cinnamon sugar? just mix of cinnamon and sugar or did you buy it?

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I ADORE cinnamon sugar in baked goods - holy yum!!

Leslie M. said...

Cinnamon anything and you got me!!!
These look so good!!!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Krista said...

Mmmm....those sound/look great!

Anonymous said...

I looked at the ingredient list and was like...that's it?! Love easy recipes like this and I can't wait ot try it =)

Not Another Omnivore said...

cinnamon sugar is awesome!

NAOmni

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!!

A said...

wow, those look amazing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, simply scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

Where did you buy the oat flour??

Those look amazing.

Can you use regular flour instead?

Joie de vivre said...

Where do you find all of your muffin recipes? You always make the best lookin' muffins.

Reeni said...

I can't resist cinnamon sugar or these muffins!! I bet they smelled wonderful cooking!! I love oat flour in my muffins. So delicious!

Anonymous said...

These look so pretty- like little sparkly muffin gems! I love cinnamon sugar toast for breakfast- this looks like it might be even better!

Unknown said...

i know i wouldn't be able to resist these :)

Maria said...

The muffins look marvelous!

Heather said...

i cannot resist cinnamon sugar! not ever! those look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Yum!

Anonymous said...

they're like snickerdoodle muffins! Lovely as usual!

stephchows said...

OK... YUM!!!! These look fabulous!

Van Santos said...

This look great!

What kind of shelf life do you think they have? A few days/a week?

I would like to make a batch and keep some in the freezer.... just don't want to see the effort go to waste if they won't hold up.

Thoughts?

Meg said...

Van- I would say that they have shelf life of a couple of days. I do think that they would freeze well. Also...I made these a second time, but used a dark pan and burnt them. So, if you use a dark pan you may want to reduce the baking time a little.

Susie Buetow said...

These look awesome! YUMMY!

Van Santos said...

Thanks Meg! I hope to give them a try this weekend, and I've noted the pan at well.

V

HangryPants said...

All of my favorite things in one muffin!!!