Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day full of family, friends, and memories. It is raining here, but I am hoping the sun will come out later to brighten the day. So instead of posting a recipe, I thought I would share some of my favorite Easter memories, and I would love to hear yours!

Decorating Easter eggs has always been my favorite.

Going to Easter brunch with the family.

Easter egg hunts created by my grandfather, and finding eggs with the message he liked to write: "Lucky, Lucky, you found a bucky!" He filled all the other eggs with the change he saved all year.

Picking out Easter dresses to wear every year with my mom, grandma, and sister.

Sunrise services in lawn chairs.

And......these crazy Easter rolls from Great Harvest!

Subscribe here to get your free daily updates to Megan's Munchies!

22 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Happy easter and have a great day!

Nice buns!

Cheers,

Rosa

Reeni said...

Happy Easter, Megan!! What sweet memories. Mine are similar-decorating eggs, making Easter bread, hunting for eggs and our Easter baskets were always hidden, too.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE great harvest! I have one right down my street, but they don't have these amazing colorful rolls!

Nicole said...

Ha, those buns are so adorable.

Run Sarah said...

Love the rolls! Happy Easter!

Shelby said...

Happy Easter Megan! :o)

Anonymous said...

Defintely loved the Easter egg hunt during my childhood.

Those rolls look neat but I think I might be iffy about eating the colored ones..

Reminds me a little of the green and purple ketchup phase :)

-E

Mrs. Jelly Belly said...

I always loved getting a new Easter dress when I was a kid. And they always matched my sisters' dresses.

Happy Easter!

Leslie M. said...

Happy Easter Megan!!!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Those rolls are too fun!!

HAPPY EASTER, DEAR MEGAN!!

Gloria Chadwick said...

Happy Easter, Meg! :)

Sharon said...

Happy Easter!!!

Heidi said...

Happy Easter

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Happy Easter Meg! :)

Mary H. said...

Happy Easter! My favorite Easter memories are going to church as a family. We rarely went to church growing up, but I loved to go hear the organ.

Alison Can Read said...

Happy Easter!

I haven't had any Easter traditions for years, but mine were pretty much the typical ones. For several years, my family got together with a few other families for an Easter picnic, egg hunt, and softball game. I have a lot of fond memories of those times.

Joie de vivre said...

Happy Easter Meg!

Nutritious is Delicious said...

I am really liking your blog! Those rolls are too cute!

Happy Easter!

Elyse said...

Happy Easter!! Hope you had a fabulous celebration.

Tyler said...

happy easter, megan! love the colorful rolls :)

Fitnessista said...

the easter rolls look amazing!
hope you have a great day!

Zesty Cook said...

Hope you had a great Easter Megan!