Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mexican Brownies

I promised you some highlights from Gloria's new cookbook, Food and Flavors of San Antonio, and I decided to start with the Mexican Brownies. When I saw this recipe, I knew that I had to make these. You can't go wrong with a decadent recipe that combines chocolate, cinnamon, and dulce de leche! As a bonus, these brownies start from a box mix and are super easy to make.

Mexican Brownies
1 19.8 oz package brownie mix, plus ingredients to prepare brownies
2 tsp ground cinnamon

1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened

2 tbsp confectioners' sugar

1/2 cup dulce de leche

Directions:
Prepare and bake the brownies according to the package directions, adding cinnamon to the batter. Cool completely.


Place the cream cheese in a medium size bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.


Add the confectioners' sugar and dulce de leche. Beat until well mixed and creamy.
Frost the brownies with the dulce de leche icing.

Serves 8


Subscribe here to get your free daily updates to Megan's Munchies!

25 comments:

Elyse said...

Chocolate, cinnamon, and dulce de leche?! AMAZING. Totally amazing. I can't wait to try these out. Man, how fabulous.

Sharon said...

MMMMMMMMmmm, delicious!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

brownie with dulce de leche???? that's heaven!!! Where did u get dulce de leche? I thought you can't find it in US.
and melted cheese???? I can't imagine how sweet, chocolate combines with cheese..... it must be really good! :)

Shelby said...

yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!

Unknown said...

omg that frosting???

Alison Can Read said...

Wow...that looks incredible! And so easy too. My husband loves dulce de leche. We always keep a little container of it in our refrigerator. He likes to spread it on bread. Thanks for sharing!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

YES, PLEASE!!

Lori said...

Wow, what a combo! I love a touch of cinnamon in my brownies. It goes so well with the chocolate.

stephchows said...

oh man those look decadent!! WOW!!!

Leslie M. said...

Mexican Brownies are OK to eat for Breakfast, RIGHT!? These look delicious and if I had them here I would scarf them UP! YUM, as always!!!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Charlie Hills said...

What? No jalapenos?

Donna-FFW said...

Oh, how delicious these look. I would love one or two with coffee right now..

Anonymous said...

I'll just take those off your hands... ;)

Susan said...

YUM! thx for sharing

teresa said...

YUM! This looks fantastic!

Gloria Chadwick said...

Holy YUM!!! These are SO good. Thanks for sharing my recipe. :)
BTW, for people who can't find dulce de leche in cans, you can make your own; the recipe in the cookbook explains how.

Wandering Coyote said...

Man,I love anything with dulce de leche! And I love cinnamon & chocolate together. I have a Mexican chocolate pudding that combines these two flavours and it's amazing!

Heidi said...

What a great way to turn an ordinary brownie mix into something special.

Reeni said...

Those look so decadent and delicious! My three favorite indulgences combined in one! It doesn't get much better than that!

Claudia said...

Anything topped with dulce du leche gets my vote. I must get that cookbook! Your brownie is scrumptious.

~Lydia~ said...

You need to bring these to our therapy to share! Ps new video of W laughing posted!

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

ahhh these look so good! and a little like they'd give me a toothache. ;)

Leslie said...

Hola..que pasa? Yep, thats all I know in spanish. But I will tak some Mexican Brownies!

Joie de vivre said...

Wow! I really need to get some dulce de leche!

Nurit - 1fff said...

I haven't had a bad brownie yet... Love the combination of chocolate and cinnamon.