Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Soft Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Chocolate and peanut butter are always a fabulous pair. This recipe combines the two to make delicious soft and chewy cookies. These cake mix cookies are easy to make and there are only 4 ingredients. Enjoy!

Soft Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
link to recipe at Kraftfoods.com

1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Place ingredients in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 min., then beat on medium speed 1 min. or until mixture pulls away from side of bowl and forms soft dough.

Shape into 1-inch balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten each ball, in criss-cross pattern, with tines of fork dipped in sugar.

Bake 7 to 8 min. or just until edges of cookies are set. (Do not overbake.) Cool on baking sheet 2 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

Makes about 44 cookies.

Subscribe here to get your free daily updates to Megan's Munchies!

25 comments:

Mara @ What's For Dinner? said...

yum! thanks!

Not Another Omnivore said...

I've seen chocolate being added to a lot of things you wouldn't expect lately (chocolate apple pie?!?) and these cookies threw me for quite a loop with their little criss crosses! Where's the light brown?!?

NAOmni

Donna-FFW said...

Oh Wow! 4 ingredients.. I am so there !! They sound fantastic!

Unknown said...

oh my, what lovely cookies!! who knew you could get them from a cake mix? :)

Wandering Coyote said...

Ah, another cake mix cookie recipe. I have GOT to try this sometime!

Lulu the Baker said...

Hi. I just linked over from Elyse's Confectionery Creations. I've made these cookies before! And they are super easy and really, really delicious! How funny. Who'd have thought the Kraft magazine had such tasty things!

Lori said...

I've made cake mix cookies before, but never with this combination of ingredients. The look great and the flavor combo sounds awesome!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

four ingredients of real delish?!! you're such a genius Meg! :D

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HOLY YUM!

Leslie M. said...

Why didn't I think of this Megan? These look so good!!! YOU are a Genius!!!!! YUMMERS!!!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You are so creative!

Teri @ Make A Whisk said...

Looks good, and so simple!

Sharon said...

WHOA, I want some now! =D

Kiezie said...

These look so delicious!! I love the magic of a cake mix!!

stephchows said...

Sounds good! And easy to make a small batch if you wanted to :)

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

ooo nothing is better than chocolate and peanut butter!

The Hungry Mouse said...

Yowee! These look fantastic!

+Jessie

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

wow! these look so good and so easy!

Reeni said...

They look delicious! I love PB and chocolate together!

eatingRD said...

Hi! Just found your blog and it looks really great! I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, it's my fav. Have you ever tried the cupcake recipe with just a box of cake mix and a can of soda? I've wanted to try that. Can't wait to keep reading :)

-kristen

Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) said...

Love how simple your recipes always are!

Anonymous said...

I bookmarked this recipe for something easy and fast to bring to parties and stuff :) Thanks Megan!

Elyse said...

Mmm, these cookies sound absolutely fabulous. Chocolate and PB--one of life's best combos!! And I love how easily they come together. Plus, soft, chewy cookies are my favorite!

Gloria Chadwick said...

I love chocolate and peanut butter together. This sounds like a really delicious recipe, quick and easy, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I've had chocolate + peanut butter together dozens of times, but never have I thought to combine them in a peanut butter cookie this way - I always just assumed it was chocolate chips. This is amazing, and such an easy recipe - thank you!