Saturday, February 14, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Teabread (Eggless)


These Banana Nut Cheerios that have invaded my house have made me crave banana bread. I decided to use a Banana Teabread recipe on the side of my Ener-G Egg Replacer box. I added chocolate chips, because I was in the mood for chocolate considering it is Valentine's Day. I also substituted oat flour and used a larger pan, so it didn't rise very high. My craving was definitely fulfilled, and my house has smelled like banana bread for hours!

Don't forget to enter the Banana Nut Cheerios Giveaway.

Banana Chocolate Chip Teabread
adapted from Ener-G Foods recipe

1 1/2 cups oat flour
2 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
3 tblsp canola oil
4 tblsp water
1 tblsp orange juice concentrate
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together. Add remaining ingredients and mix for 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into 7-7/8 inch by 4-1/4 inch by 2-1/2 inch pan. Bake 40 minutes or until golden brown.

Subscribe here to get your free daily updates to Megan's Munchies!

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks awesome...I love bananas and chocolate!

Diana said...

Those look all sorts of delicious - I love the idea of chocolate chip banana bread!

Anonymous said...

love banana & chocolate. Perfect combo!

Anonymous said...

YUM! Teacakes are some of my favorite things... :)

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

amazing!!!!! MUM MUM~~~~
why is called teabread?

The Blonde Duck said...

This looks delicious!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

DIVINE!!

Leslie M. said...

Looks delicious! I love to use the egg replacer, it works great doesn't it??
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com

Anonymous said...

oh em gee that sounds so good. BANANA BREAD IS MY FAV IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. If you have any leftovers and don't know what to do with them.... you know...you can always.....you know.....send them to gliding calm! :)

happy sunday meg!

Anonymous said...

That looks so good! Love the chocolate chips addition.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks scrumptious!

Zesty Cook said...

One of my favs Meg!!

AK Mom said...

This teabread looks delicious, Megan. Bananas and Chocolate go so well together. They're a perfect combination.

Anonymous said...

this looks realllly good - i'm starring it to make eventually.

That Girl said...

I bet this would also be really good with a banana nut cheerio crust!

stephchows said...

I made a batch of my roasted banana muffins on friday... mmmm so good! Yours looks delicious!

Megan said...

this bread looks SCRUMPTIOUS! such a genius recipe :) and eggless!

Reeni said...

I love banana bread! Chocolate chips make it even better!

Marlow said...

Looks great! It seems like you are adjusting to your food allergies really well!!

Unknown said...

fabulous :)

Erica said...

Oh my this looks good! I'll be over to steal a piece in a bit ;)

Anonymous said...

of course i agree with everyone - it looks amazing and delicious - I'm curious about apprx. how many slices this makes??

Not Another Omnivore said...

Is it just me or is your background always changing :)

And fabulous looking pics as always!

NAOmni

Anonymous said...

Mmm this loaf looks divine! Chocolate chip banana bread is one of my favorites.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A delicious looking cake! Delightfully moist...

Cheers,

Rosa

HangryPants said...

I believe you cannot go wrong with bananas and chocolate. It looks delicious - as always!

Abby said...

cheers to ms. meagn who never fails to entice me with her delectable vegetarian desserts ;)

keep posting ;)

Lee Lee said...

wow-KILLER combo!!