Saturday, February 28, 2009

Chocolate Banana Cream Pastries

My husband and I joined our creative forces on this one. We found this Banana Creme Pastry recipe over at the Pillsbury website. I decided to use a cinnamon sugar topping instead of walnuts. My husband decided to melt the Special Dark Bar in the pantry and drizzle it on top. I usually do all the plating of the food myself, but I let him do the chocolate topping and told him to make it pretty. I think he did a great job!
Chocolate Banana Cream Pastries
adapted from Pillsbury Bake-off Recipe

1 can (4 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon sugar
1 tsp milk
1 container (6 0z) banana cream pie fat free yogurt
1 snack size container banana pudding
1 medium banana, cut into small chunks
1/2 Special Dark Hershey's Bar

Directions:

Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Unroll dough; separate into 2 triangles.
On cookie sheet, make 2 kite shapes by placing longest sides of 2 dough triangles together; press edges to seal.

In small bowl, mix cinnamon and granulated sugar.
Lightly brush dough with milk; sprinkle each evenly with cinnamon mixture.

Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
Meanwhile, in another small bowl, mix yogurt and pudding until well blended. Stir in banana.



Remove pastries from oven.
Immediately turn pastries over with pancake turner; gently fold each in half along sealed seam, cinnamon mixture side out.
Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.

To serve, place pastries on individual dessert plates; fill each with about 3/4 cup yogurt mixture. Melt Special Dark bar in microwave, about 1 minute, and stir. Top pastries with melted chocolate.

I couldn't find the small package of crescent rolls, so I had half the dough left after making the pastries. I sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar, rolled them up, and topped them with more cinnamon sugar. What an easy way to make a cinnamon roll treat!

Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

27 comments:

Maria said...

Nice creation! I love bananas and chocolate together!

Abby said...

Banana and chocolate = a boost in the serotonin levels! What a great pick-me-upper dessert! I'm gonna try this when I get stressed with my school stuff already....

Thanks for posting ;)

Much love, abby

Leslie M. said...

Megan, I just drooled on my keyboard!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Mom on the Run said...

My family would love these. It would be something my girls could even make!

Anonymous said...

i came across your blog and i am absolutely mouth watering after viewing your lovely treats! i can not wait to try some of them... esp. the pizza-- so creative!

Heather said...

mmmm. chocolate and bananas - what a tasty combination!!

Anonymous said...

Love all the melted chocolate!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, delicious!!!

Reeni said...

What a great decorating job. They look real yummy!!

AK Mom said...

Those look yummy, Megan. Bananas and chocolate are wonderful together.

Krista Dearden said...

Yum, what a fun combination! This would be a great recipe for entertaining or a lazy weekend...it's going in my "try it" box for sure!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

You and your husband are GENIUSES in the kitchen!! Those treats look fabulous.

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! I love how you made the little cinnamon rolls too, yummy!

CookingCourtney said...

those look so good.

Bunny said...

My hubby would love this, he's a banana nut and the chocolate would just be a bonus! Yes your hubby did do a good job decorating!

Emily said...

Oh gosh, those pastries look really amazing.

Not Another Omnivore said...

Love the pics, they're a little crazy. The cinnamon roll treat almost sounds more appealing to me though!

NAOmni

Anonymous said...

Hmm, that almost sounds virtuous! It looks delicious regardless.

Not Another Omnivore said...

Oh, and I found Silk yogurt. I'll let you know how it is...or maybe you already know how it is and you have flavor suggestions?!?

I also found o'soy, but it turns out that isn't vegan. What I found though says that Silk is.

NAOmni

Elyse said...

What a great collaborative effort between between you and the hubby. This looks absolutely delicious. Dangerous delicious. Like, you'd have to keep me away because I might eat all of them, delicious! Love your blog!!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

chocolate + banana = guarantee for a great dessert!

Unknown said...

Mmm, fantastic :)

HangryPants said...

I love desserts with bananas! Thanks for posting the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Once again, I am salivating! I want you to make food for me because I will never make any of this myself!

Leslie said...

drool drool drool!!

Anonymous said...

Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I was checking constantly this [url=http://www.frlongchamp-pascher.eu]sac longchamp pas cher neuf[/url] weblog and I'm inspired! Very helpful info specially the ultimate part :) I take care of such information much. sac longchamp bandouliere pas cher [url=http://www.frlongchamp-pascher.eu]sac longchamp pas cher neuf[/url] ,I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.