Sunday, November 16, 2008

Banana Pudding Squares

Want a creamy delicious dessert? Try this one! This banana pudding treat would be great for parties or office potlucks. This is definitely a guilt free dessert because it calls for mostly low fat and fat free ingredients. I actually used one box of French vanilla pudding and one box of banana cream pudding when I made it. I also topped the squares off with crushed Nilla Wafers instead of chocolate.

Banana Pudding Squares
link to recipe at Kraft Foods
35 Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers, finely crushed
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia Neufchatel Cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Fat Free Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
3 bananas
2 pkg. (1.5 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding
3 cups cold fat-free milk
1/2 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, grated

Directions:
Combine crumbs and margarine; press onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
Mix Neufchatel cheese and sugar in medium bowl until blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cup cool whip; spread carefully onto crust. Set aside. Cut bananas crosswise in half, then cut each piece lengthwise in half. Arrange over Neufchatel cheese mixture.
Beat pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min. Spoon over bananas. Spread with remaining cool whip; sprinkle with chocolate. Refrigerate 3 hours before serving.
Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HOLY YUM!!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reeni said...

These look so delicious! Great idea to use nilla wafers, yummy!

Tina said...

Please come to my house and make these for me! :)

GroundedFitness said...

aw man, i want one!

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

Michele said...

My grandmother used to make something very close to this with boxed dream whip.
Thanks for bringing back great memories!

Adam said...

This is such a classic banana dessert. I used to crave this stuff like crazy growing up. Oh, the memories :)

Laurie said...

What a fun old-fashioned dessert idea. My grandmother made these too, but I'd forgotten all about them.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

So delicious!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~ Love all banana dessert!

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

I agree with Veggiegirl on this one. Nice work, I bet it would be real good with lemon pudding (and maybe minus the bananas) for some lemon squares.

Mary H. said...

Yum! I have a recipe similar with chocolate pudding instead of banana! I'll bet the banana is sooo good. I'll have to try it!

Krista said...

Ooohhh...those do look tasty!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks amazingly yummy

Bob said...

Mmmmm, pudding squares. That's just inspired.

Zesty Cook said...

Megan - these squares look so tasty! I am just wondering when you are shipping these to Canada?

zesty

NKP said...

Like a banana cream pie, in a square! I'll take two, please.

Pam said...

This looks really tasty and fairly simple to make. I love recipes like that! I know my kids would love this.

Shelby said...

I can actually taste it! It looks delicious!

Unknown said...

yum, such a classic! I bet a layer of pb between the crust and bananas would really take it to the top :)

stephchows said...

bananas? but what about pumpkin :D I'm just kidding hehe looks great! Oh and I wanted to tell you about another bar I TOTALLY blanked on the other day, I added a second update but here is a link to them, Kashi TLC bars nutritious and delicious haha
http://www.kashi.com/products/chewy_granola_bars_cherry_dark_chocolate

Megan said...

I would love a piece of that right now, for breakfast! :)

miss v said...

i haven't had nilla wafers in years!!! those things are so addictive. :)

Dee said...

I have had something very close to these & forgot how wonderful these treats are!!! Like heaven & now that it's almost guilt free...yummy!

Maria said...

Banana pudding in squares, genius!

Anonymous said...

Banana pudding is one of my all time favorite desserts! Great recipe!

priscilla joy said...

yummy! i've had banana pudding, but never in squares...looks delicous!

That Girl said...

I don't love banana pudding, but I get the feeling other flavors would work just as well!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

No Chocolate??? Just kidding. Even a chocoholic gets tired of the taste once in a while. I like banana pudding. Never thought to make it into squares though. Very smart.

Anonymous said...

yummy yummy. i love me some banana pudding!!! banana pudding always make me think of paula deen for some reason.

Rebekah said...

This looks super yummy! I love banana pudding. What a great way to make it different! I'm so trying this one out! Thanks!

Gloria Chadwick said...

This looks really yummy! When I first saw the picture, I thought it was lemon squares, which I totally love. I'm with you, peanut butter boy.

Lore said...

Cheese and banana squares? I'm yours!

Anonymous said...

Yum! This recipe combines a lot of great ingredients :o)

Anonymous said...

Yum, yum, yum! I looove banana pudding! These look awesome!

Anonymous said...

That looks so good! I'm pretty sure all that sugar would give me a massive stomach ache, or keep me awake for days, but a girl can dream!