Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing

I guess this is more of a flavor combination than a recipe. I found this recipe for Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing in one of my Kraft Food and Family Magazines. The first step is to pour canned apples for pie into the bottom of the pan. Then you place your pork chops on top of the apples, and top it all with prepared stuffing. Cover with foil and bake it for 40 minutes at 375 degrees, removing foil for the last 10 minutes. You can use your own recipe, or use the boxed stuffing if you are short on time. I will admit that I didn't partake in the pork chops because I am not a fan, but my husband said that they were very tender and paired well with the apples and stuffing.

The whole time I was preparing this, I was thinking about old Brady Bunch re-runs and Peter Brady:
Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

15 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

My mom used to make something similar to this using pork loin - which I much prefer to chops. It was pretty good, but like you, I'm not the biggest pork fan in the world.

Anonymous said...

Such a classic flavor combo - I love! I don't eat pork but I bet it's awesome!

Krista said...

Never woulda thought to use apple pie filling. Makes sense, though...all the flavors are already there!

Bob said...

Well I love pork and I think it looks awesome. I think I have a tenderloin in the freezer, I'm going to have to try this out.

Unknown said...

hehe, yup gotta love that sound clip!

the two go so well together, but i'm not so much a stuffing fan :)

Stephanie said...

Oh yum - I have made this recipe before and it really is absolutely delicious!

Reeni said...

We still joke about that in my family, too! I'm not a big fan either but once in a while I do eat my Mom's stuffed Pork Chops. I bet this was yummy. I love the flavor combos too.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

pork and apple is the classic and perfect mix. I'm not sure why they go so well together. Do you have any idea Meg?

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for your comment on my blog!
This looks so yummy--and what a cute plate! All your photos are so nice and clear--how do you do it?!

Anonymous said...

I wish my husband liked fruit with meat, but sadly, does not.

Thanks for the Peter Brady memory!

That Girl said...

It's totally pork and apple week!

sj said...

My honey would love this... he loves apple with pork :) might have to try your recipe.. thanks!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Everytime someone serves pork with apples, I always think of Peter Brady.

Sam said...

Looks great, apples and pork just go so well together.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a dish my mom used to make when i was little... very similar ingredients.