Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

There have been many versions of these muffins floating around all the food blogs. I am very excited to say that all my vegan and non-vegan friends can enjoy this one! There are no eggs or dairy in this one, especially if you use a non-dairy margarine like Earth Balance and non-dairy chocolate chips from Enjoy Life. Of course, dairy products could be substituted when making these muffins. I made these for my potluck breakfast at work today, but couldn't resist trying one last night! I had trouble stopping at one! They were so moist and delicious! They almost tasted like mini pumpkin bread puddings! I can't wait to have another one!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
1-3/4 cups oat flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1/4 cup apple sauce
2 tablespoon apple butter
1/3 cup rice milk
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients.
Mix wet ingredients and then stir in dry ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
Bake 30-35 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

17 comments:

Gloria Chadwick said...

These look so good. Have a happy Thanksgiving, Meg. :)

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Oh, yum! I used to make a lot of vegan treats for my little daughter due to her food allergies and I found them to always be delicious! Love those Enjoy Life treats, too!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Holy. Freaking. Yum.

Maria said...

I love a good pumpkin muffin!!

Tina said...

Good recipe! I'm bookmarking this one! :)

Anonymous said...

Great recipe. I need flour now! Haha!

Reeni said...

How delicious! Your co-workers will love them, yummy.

Unknown said...

yum yum :)

Wandering Coyote said...

Yum - these look amazing! I love the pumpkin/chocolate combination.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Meg, you're back with pumpkin recipes~!!!!!!!!!!

these muffins looks amazing!!!!!! I want one right now!!

Bob said...

Those look wicked good.

Zesty Cook said...

I never would have guessed you would like pumpkin Muffins Meg :)

Happy Thanksgiving
zesty

Krista said...

mmmm...yummy!

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend.
Visit my site tomorrow when you get a chance. I have a suprise for you!
Fondly, DCRose

Anonymous said...

Love the chocolate + pumpkin combo!

Happy turkey day!

Aggie said...

Love your healthy version of these!! Sounds great!

stephchows said...

mmmm these look super tasty, I bet the maple syrup gives them a great flavor!