Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies

These chocolate chip cookie sandwiches are so fun to make and eat. These are made using the cake mix cookie recipe and putting a little sweet cream cheese icing in the middle. Play with the cake flavors on this one. I am anxious to try this with strawberry cake mix. You could also play with the flavor of the icing by adding some flavor extracts or spices. I think another delicious pairing would be spice cake mix with cinnamon icing or maybe chocolate cake mix with espresso icing. What would your favorite pairing be?

Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies
1 package of Pillsbury Yellow Cake Mix
1 large egg
1/4 cup of oil
1/4 cup of water
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine cake mix, egg, oil, and water.
Stir until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoons about 1 inch apart onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes or until done.
Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth.
Spread between two cooled cookies.

Makes at least 10 sandwiches.

Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

30 comments:

priscilla joy said...

Yu-mm! Megan, there is an award for you on my blog!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Damn, those look insanely delish.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Anything with chocolate chips and I'm there ;o)

Krista said...

Those look great and would work in my kid's lunch boxes!

I would try buttered pecan cake mix with a maple flavored filling. Mmmm...sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

Those look so delish, and I bet there are tons of combos you can use to make them!

HangryPants said...

What a fun idea for the hum drum chocolate chip cookie!

Bob said...

That is awesome.

Anonymous said...

they look so good! I would have to say a pumpkin/carrot cake mix with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting filling =)....yum yum!

Zesty Cook said...

OHhhhhhhhhhh Meg! They look yummmy.

Bunny said...

Megan these look and sound great!!

Anonymous said...

so clever!! i'd do gingerbread/spice cake mix with lemon cream cheese icing, mmmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, yum!!!!!

Donna-FFW said...

Wow. These look superfantastic! Heavenly actually. 2 cookies in one is my kind of cookie!

Flourchild said...

Oh my does this look good. I love stuffed fat cookie sandwichs..thanks for sharing the recipe.

Anonymous said...

cute! These would be adorable to wrap up for someone.

AK Mom said...

These sandwich cookies look so yummy, Megan! I can imagine all the different flavor combinations you could make with this recipe. My mouth is watering just thinking about the possibilities. :)

Anonymous said...

These would be a huge hit at work. Yum!

Wandering Coyote said...

Oh, man...Those look totally decadent!

Thinspired said...

These look heavenly! I've done a similar thing with homemade "oreos" involving chocolate cake mix and cream cheese frosting. They kind of remind me of them but I like the idea of chocolate chip better!

Tyler said...

how cute!!!

miss v said...

delightful treats for a sunday at home. thanks!

That Girl said...

So cute!!

Reeni said...

They look soooo good and I'm hungry! I would love one..or two!!

The Purple Carrot said...

Hey, thanks for the comment : )

Those cookies look WAY too good!!! I wish I could grab one out of the computer screen and eat it!

Hope you have a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

wow these look absolutely perfect :) so delicious!

Not Another Omnivore said...

These look great! I borrowed the pic, but gave you credit, and linked to you on my blog.

Hope all is well.

NAOmni

veggiecamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
veggiecamper said...

I removed my previous comment as I posted in a rush!! I think I got carried away with the excitement. Anyway, those cookies look delicious! :-)

Anonymous said...

Choc Chip cookies with peanut butter inside are so good for a quicker option :)

Anonymous said...

The information were very helpful for me, I've bookmarked this post, Please share more information about this
Thanks