Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Chocolate Chip Cookies

One of my co-workers is moving, and she asked me to make a baked treat for her before she leaves. I am so excited because I found an amazing recipe! These cookies are called Happy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies and they certainly brought a smile to my face. I hope they bring a smile to my co-worker's face. These are definitely the BEST chocolate chip cookies I have ever had, and I plan to make them many times in the future. They have a nice chewy texture and a sweet chocolate flavor. I think if non-vegans tried these, they would never know they are vegan. I found the recipe at vegweb.com. I followed the recipe as it is written, with the exception of using oat flour and adding 2 tsp instant espresso powder.

Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, thanks for sharing! I'm going to have another cookie adventure next time I am home!

Anonymous said...

Lovely Cookies!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Delish!!


**Don't eat any PB Cookie Larabars or Jamfrakas bars - they were recalled!!:

https://www.larabar.com/secure/recall/LARABAR_JAMFRAKAS_FAQ.pdf

Anonymous said...

I love chocolate chip cookies! Thanks for the recipe!

Bob said...

They look good to this non-vegan! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! I don't have a collection of vegan recipes at all...I might save this one in case I want to bake something for a vegan friend someday. They look great!

Reeni said...

They look yummy! I would never know they were vegan!

Laurie said...

Your co-workers are so lucky to work with you! The cookies look awesome and I'm so glad you found a great cookie recipe you can eat.

Hope you're feeling better...

HangryPants said...

The best you've ever had? Wow. I need to add these to the list of things to try!

I am sure your friend will enjoy them.

That Girl said...

Vegan? How fun!

Lori said...

I love a good, chewy chocolate chip cookie. Thanks for the recipe!

Zesty Cook said...

They look excellent Meg-A!! Send some my way please :)

Finla said...

I love chocolate cookies and these look yumm .

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

Hi Megan!

Your co-worker is very lucky in having you :) a beautiful texture and chocolate flavor!! Vegan yum yum :)

Maria said...

I always smile when eating chocolate chip cookies!

Anonymous said...

C is for cookie. That's good enough for me.

miss v said...

vegweb is awesome, and so are those cookies. you should get the cookbook called vegan cupcakes take over the world. i'm sure you would rock those recipes!

Krista said...

Those certainly sound terrific!

Gloria Chadwick said...

Chocolate chip cookies always make me happy. :)

Anonymous said...

Love them!

Wandering Coyote said...

That looks like a really good recipe. Oat flour rocks! I've baked with it before and it's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies sound great! Ok, most cookies sound great to me, but these look delicious!