Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Orange Chicken Rice and Vegetables


This is an easy dish to make when you are craving a quick flavorful meal the whole family will like. I used Steamfresh rice with vegetables to make it an extra fast meal. I just popped the rice in the microwave for 5 minutes, while cooking the chicken. Then I added all the sauce ingredients to the skillet, brought it to a boil, and then added the contents of the bag of rice. I omitted the peanuts, but I bet they are a delicious addition to this dish.

Orange Chicken Rice
and Vegetables
link at Kraftfoods.com
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/4 cup KRAFT Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
1/4 cup orange juice
3 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts

Directions:
Heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
Add chicken; stir-fry 5 to 7 min. or until cooked through.
Stir in dressing and juice. Bring to boil.
Add vegetables; cook 5 to 7 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Serve over rice. Sprinkle with nuts.

Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM i'm def gonna try this! I would love easy rice b/c i'm always to lazy to make it :D

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, such a comforting meal!

Bob said...

Great looking dish, love that it's so quick. Peanuts rule. :D

Anonymous said...

OMG I love orange chicken! I'm going to have to try this!

Tanya said...

I can't wait to give this a try. I know I'll love it!

Anonymous said...

That looks great! Thanks for the recipe!

Maria said...

Everything in one! Love it!

Zesty Cook said...

Oh Meg - one of my favorite flavors... orange and chicken. I love it!!

camtim42 said...

Ooo! I have chicken that needs to be cooked today! Now I'm just going to have to find that Kraft dressing. I love simple one pot meals! These yummy posts are making me so hungry today!

Reeni said...

I love Orange Chicken! This looks so easy to make and delicious!

That Girl said...

This looks like how I make my orange chicken - without the breading and frying!

Joie de vivre said...

Wow! That is fast!

Anonymous said...

I love that this is a healthy version of something that normally isn't very healthy! I'll definitely be trying this one!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, this looks good! Yummy, comforting, and healthy, too! Perfect!

pigpigscorner said...

Yummy! Sounds like a comforting meal!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so good. I love to eat chicken breasts but often find myself in a rut with them. I will have to try this recipe!

bodaweightloss

Karen said...

Quick and easy and I like the addition of the peanuts to this dish.