Friday, January 16, 2009

Phenomenal Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Ever since I found out about my food allergies, I have been searching for ways to bake, cook, and eat without dairy and eggs. At first, I was frustrated because it seemed everything had eggs and dairy in it. I finally decided to really look into the vegan lifestyle. I figured since I don't really eat meat, and I am allergic to dairy and eggs, the vegan diet and foods would be the way to go. I am enjoying every minute of discovering new recipes and foods. There are so many options out there for vegans. I got the above book, The Complete Idiot's Guide Vegan Living, and I have learned so much. I have also found many yummy vegan treats in stores. My favorite find has been the Alternative Baking Company Cookies. Just look at this cookie...It just screams, "EAT ME!"
This cookie is the Phenomenal Pumpkin Spice flavor. It is truly pumpkin perfection. It is moist and chewy and full of spicy flavor. If I had to choose between this and a piece of pumpkin pie, I would choose the cookie.
Other flavors include Snickerdoodle, Lemon Poppyseed, Espresso Chocolate Chip, and Oatmeal Raisin. I have tried the Snickerdoodle and it is amazing too! It is a little crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. It almost has a cinnamon toast flavor. Whether you are vegan or not, you have to try these cookies! I found mine at Whole Foods and they also have a website.

Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I. WANT. THAT. COOKIE!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I have that book too :-)

I used to love those cookies!! Damn gluten and soy allergies :-(

Unknown said...

i've seen those!! but i did not buy, now i am kicking myself :)

Reeni said...

I've seen the cookies, too in my Natural Food store. I'm happy to hear you are finding your way around the allergies and eating good food!

AK Mom said...

Those look really good. I'm going to look for them here. :)

Anonymous said...

I got the Ricemellow Creme from Whole Foods but you can also order it from their website (which I linked to on my blog) =)

Lori said...

I love the lemon poppyseed one - they are awesome!

HangryPants said...

I've seen these at whole foods. I'll check 'em out more next time.

Laurie said...

I'm so glad you found a pumpkin treat you can eat!

Anonymous said...

Great find! Going to look for those too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I want that cookie! And the book sounds awesome too!

Bob said...

That cookie looks wicked good.

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

I'm always surprised at how good some of these pre-packaged cookies turn out. Ever have Nana's cookies? Unbelievable! Whole grain and sweetened only with juice concentrate.

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Well hello Miss Megan. I love the "For Dummies and the Complete Idiots" books. I think they were written with me in mind. :) I love your cupcake background too. My daughter and I have really gotten into the whole cupcake thing. Just found some kitchen towels and other trinkets with the cupcake motif at the dollar bin at Target. They're adorable.

alaina said...

i LOVE those cookies! they sell them where i used to work, at smoothie king. yummm.

Anonymous said...

I saw that brand at the airport checkout line! I was totally going to get the Espresso Chocolate Chip, but didn't know if I would like it so I didn't want to pay the exorbitant airport cost. But next time you know I'm on it!

I'm glad you're having fun exploring the vegan lifestyle, too!

Zesty Cook said...

Meg - Can I have a few cookies. I am really hungry. They look great. Do you like Pumpkin? Haha teasing

Meghann said...

I have seen cookie from that company before, but never the pumpkin spice flavor, I will have to be on the lookout for it.

So glad you're finding ways to embrace the challenges of your new allergies so you can still enjoy the types of foods you love.

AK Mom said...

Please visit my blog and accept my appreciation :) (http://akbaking.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

THat cookie does look fab! Can't wait to see all the fun stuff you'll come up with that are vegan! :)

George Erdosh said...

Have you tried using egg whites only in your baking? Chances are something in the egg yolk that's the problem. Very few have allergies or food intolerance to egg white. Dairy is a different problem.

Check out my latest (Nov/08). It’s already getting great reviews:

Tried and True Recipes from a Caterer’s Kitchen—Secrets of Making Great Foods

www.howfoodswork.blogspot.com

Now available on many internet booksellers’ websites.

Bunny said...

The cookie looks wonderful! If you don't mind me asking..how did you find out you had these allergies??

Nicole said...

I want that cookie too!

Anonymous said...

I've been in to looking at vegan cookbooks and recipes more, too. I'm not going vegan but I like the healthy substitutions...I think everyone can benefit from those ideas. Thanks for sharing this cookie--I think I've seen it before but it's good to see someone else has tried it and loved it!

sj said...

ooo those do look yummy!

Anonymous said...

I really like that book, and that cookie sounds amazing! Mmm, love cookies.

VEGAN TICKLES said...

I just that book..and I've been vegan for almost 3 years.
By the way, once you VEGAN, you never go back.
Good luck on your lifestyle change.

~Lydia~ said...

I've heard you can substitute apple sauce for eggs in some recipes.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Alternative Baking Cookies! It is so hard to choose a favorite: the peanut butter is awesome and the coconut macaroon and so is the carob chip... oh and the espresso chip and oatmeal raison... ah, they are all good. They are also good if you warm them slightly in the microwave!