Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Christmas in July

A local radio station played Christmas songs all day long and it made me crave the foods of fall and winter, especially pumpkin pie. Since there was no pumpkin pie in sight, I settled for a Chocolate Brownie Pure bar. It was vegan and organic. It tasted like a chewy brownie with nuts. I would definitely buy it again.

food 006

For dinner, I decided on my creole concoction that I have not made since last fall. I just combine chicken broth, cajun tomatoes, gumbo vegetables, and beans. It tastes great with shrimp too. On the side, I had a rice cake with red pepper hummus. This was a perfect meal to eat as a thunderstorm rolls in for the night.

food

 

food 007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the comment :)

I LOVE Pure bars! you're the first food blog I've seen them on - awesome

have a good night!