Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Addictions

Well, I don't have much to report in terms of food because I had a rough time with my tummy yesterday. I tried the BioChem Raw Foods and Whey shake yesterday, and I think it was the culprit. I have to say that I loved the test and it mixed well, but I don't think my digestive system handled it too well. So, instead of writing about food, I decided to share some of my new entertainment addictions.

no-video

My new favorite show is The Cleaner. It is on A&E on Tuesday nights at 9:00 central time. It started about 3 weeks ago and I look forward to each new episode. The story lines really draw you in and keep you glued to the TV for the entire hour. Here is how the website describes it:

"The Cleaner," inspired by the true story of a real-life "extreme interventionist," stars Benjamin Bratt as William "The Cleaner" Banks, who, after hitting rock-bottom from his own addictions after the birth of his daughter, strikes a tentative deal with God. Now along with his unconventional team, he helps people get away from their addictions by any means necessary.

48

This show has been on for several years, but my husband and I just discovered it. It is on right before The Cleaner. It follows detectives during the first 48 hours after a crime. It is like a reality version of CSI. They play repeats of old episodes all week long.

DearJohn

I grabbed this book at the airport on the way to Florida. I was drawn to it and wasn't sure why, but I bought it. To my surprise, when I was reading it, I found out that the main character has many similarities to me...especially the fact that she has a passion for working with autism. I am almost finished with the book and I am loving every minute of it. It starts out with a summer romance and then follows how the long distance relationship with someone in the military works out when 911 occurs. I highly suggest this book as a summertime read.

Question for everyone:

Does anyone take a greens supplement? If so, which one do you use?

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hope you feel better!!

I saw a commercial for "The Cleaner" last night actually, and it did sound pretty interesting - I'll check it out!!

Natasha said...

I liked Benjamin Bratt in in "Law and Order." Saw previews for "The Cleaner"; must find time to watch him...oppps...I mean it:o)