Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just a hint of flavor!


I am so tired of plain water, but I know my body needs it, especially in the 100 degree weather here in Texas. I wanted a flavored water with no calories and artificial ingredients. To my disappointment, every bottle label listed at least 50 calories and tons of artificial colors and additives. Then...I found HINT! It has just a slight bit of natural flavoring and it gives my water an extra kick without any calories. I have tried and loved the following flavors: kiwi-strawberry, asian pear, cucumber, lime, and tropical punch. What a yummy way to hydrate my body!!!

4 comments:

Fitnessista said...

i have the same dilemma- it's so hot here in southern georgia and plain old water gets kinda boring. that looks like a great product- asian pear??? YUM

have a great day!

Sandra Gordon said...

Have a look through Target's grocery area. They have flavored waters (I like the spearamint) and they are quite good. They were also a bit cheaper than Hint.

For some flavors of water, you can make your own, as well. You'd make it the way you'd brew tea. Steep a few fresh, cut berries, fruits or fresh herbs in warm (not too hot) water for a while, strain, chill and you are good to go. Orange Cranberry is very nice.

Sweet Pea Chef said...

What a great water concept! Thanks for visiting me at SP&P.

I am going to have to track this water down here in Ohio. Love it.

Elizabeth said...

You can also make your own flavored water (like at the spa). Just soak some fruit in the water for an hour or so, refrigerate, and then drink. It is really good and refreshing. Hint is a great alternative, though...