Thursday, July 17, 2008

I did it!

I finally added something new to my oatmeal and it was delicious. In addition to my fiber and cinnamon, I added some Mountain Mambo Trail Mix by Enjoy Life. It is a mix of sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds, raisins, apples, chocolate chips, and cranberries. The best part is that there are no sulfites and it is all natural. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed my oatmeal this morning. Every bite was a new flavor...sweet and then salty and then crunchy and then chewy. My car also took a surprise turn back into Dunkin Donuts for some coffee today. I couldn't resist. I am so happy I started this blog. It is making me expand my diet already, and I am eating cleaner food. I feel stronger, healthier, and more confident. Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday.

000_0609

000_0610

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yeah, I've only been out of high school for a month and I'm already missing those coffee-shop-studying days :)

That trail mix in your oatmeal sounds fab! great array of flavors and textures. I love putting tons of different things in with my oatmeal and cereal and then just adding milk ;)

Glad you're enjoying blogging!! I've linked ya!

Anonymous said...

I live in Mount Shasta, this lil town in northern California. It's pretty quaint and hometown-y, but also super quirky and filled with old hippies and their painted vans. It's a big spiriutal, new-agey tourist spot. I'm actually moving at the end of the summer with my mom to a suburb of Chicago. I'll probably end up missing Shasta a lot, even though now sometimes I think I live in such a crazy place! ;) lol

Anonymous said...

I really like the mountain mambo no nuts trail mix as well!! I haven't tried it in oatmeal yet, I should do that soon.