Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I promise I am still around!

It was crazy getting back from Florida and returning to work. I had none of my favorite foods in the house and I had to go stock up at all my favorite stores. Of course, I had to try some new foods too.

I have been trying adding protein powder to my oatmeal in the morning to increase my protein intake. I tried Jay Robb's Vanilla Whey and loved it. I put a tablespoon in my oatmeal and then later used the rest to make a shake. It really does mix pretty well. I still seem to get some chunks, but they seem to disintegrate as I let the drink sit. I have a variety of powders I going to try, and then pick my favorite. I am open to any suggestions.

000_0612

For lunch, I had a delicious salad mix from the Whole Foods Salad bar with Annie's Raspberry Vinagrette. I loved the textures of all the veggies: spinach, spring mix, peas, tomtoes, carrots, and mushrooms. On the side, I had a rice cake with 2 teaspoons Justin's Maple Almond Butter. I can't praise it's taste enough. It was the perfect blend of sweet and salty. I can't wait to try the cinnamon peanut butter. This will definitely help me add MUFAs to my diet.

000_0613  000_0615

Dinner was very exciting. I was excited to find a new salmon burger at Super Target. So excited, that I didn't look at the ingredients....and I never skip that. After I ate it, I was disappointed to see high fructose corn syrup listed. I don't think there could be that much in it, but I try to avoid HFCS. The burger was delicious and had just the right hint of seasonings and lemon. I will definitely eat this again despite the HFCS. On the side, I had a spinach salad and a rice cake with Promise Fat Free Butter Spread. Here is the link for the company that produces the salmon burgers: http://www.oceanbeauty.com/brands/seachoice.htm

000_0614 000_0613

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Glad you're back!! I always look forward to your product reviews :0)

As for protein powders, this is the ONLY one that I will consume and recommend:

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=655972&prrfnbr=708933

Reeni said...

If I find a product I like and it has an ingredient in it I don't want to consume I always let the company know that I love their product but could do without the unhealthy ingredient-in this case the HFCS-if enough people let them know how they feel they may change it. It's worth a try!