Monday, August 4, 2008

Carrots In My Oatmeal?!?!


On the way to work this morning, I was craving a change to my morning oatmeal. Several years ago, Kroger had a carrot cake brand of instant oatmeal that was delicious. I decided that was the taste I wanted, but how would I create it? I came up with adding either carrot juice or carrot baby food. I decided to try the baby food this time. I bought a small jar of Earth's Best carrots and headed to work. I mixed half the small jar in with my oats, cinnamon, vanilla whey powder, and sweetener. To my surprise, it was delicious, but now I am on a mission to improve the recipe, and I have several ideas. Stay tuned this week as I tweak my Carrot Cake Oatmeal.


eatingbirdfood said...

Hey! I was reading Kath's blog the other day and saw a recipe for Carrot Cake Oatmeal as well. It seemed like you enjoyed your version, however, I thought I would post the url in case you wanted to try her version.

Have fun experimenting.

VeggieGirl said...

Sounds delicious, indeed!! Looking forward to reading more about your Carrot Cake Oatmeal improvements/experiments.