Monday, August 4, 2008

Carrots In My Oatmeal?!?!

bugs11 

On the way to work this morning, I was craving a change to my morning oatmeal. Several years ago, Kroger had a carrot cake brand of instant oatmeal that was delicious. I decided that was the taste I wanted, but how would I create it? I came up with adding either carrot juice or carrot baby food. I decided to try the baby food this time. I bought a small jar of Earth's Best carrots and headed to work. I mixed half the small jar in with my oats, cinnamon, vanilla whey powder, and sweetener. To my surprise, it was delicious, but now I am on a mission to improve the recipe, and I have several ideas. Stay tuned this week as I tweak my Carrot Cake Oatmeal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I was reading Kath's blog the other day and saw a recipe for Carrot Cake Oatmeal as well. It seemed like you enjoyed your version, however, I thought I would post the url in case you wanted to try her version.

http://www.KathEats.com/?page_id=2953

Have fun experimenting.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Sounds delicious, indeed!! Looking forward to reading more about your Carrot Cake Oatmeal improvements/experiments.