Monday, August 25, 2008

What Number Water Are You?

My husband and I have been reading about ph balance and how important it is to your health. The foods we eat influence the alkalinity and acidity of our bodies. Due to the amount of highly processed foods available, many people's bodies are in a highly acidic state. High acidity can produce an internal environment that is conducive to immune deficiency and disease. Many of the articles I have read say that mild acidity can cause hormone issues, weight gain, cardiovascular problems, low energy, slow digestion, bladder and kidney problems, and more. My husband and I are on a mission to try to maintain a healthy ph balance by making sure to include more vegetables and fruits in our diets. We also have been drinking Crazy Water, which comes in four different levels. Number 4 is the most alkaline and contains the most minerals. Personally, I haven't been drinking much water because it is boring to me. However, I love these waters because they are smooth and thirst quenching. I also notice that if I drink number 4 when my stomach is acting up or I feel extremely tired, it helps me feel better. There are probably several companies that sell similar alkaline waters, but this is the one my local Whole Foods carries. For me...my number is 3. My husband is half 3 and half 4. What is your number?

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

VERY interesting - not sure what number I am though, haha.

Vaishali said...

That's really intriguing. I had no idea you could buy water with different pH levels.

Kelly said...

Hmmm. This is really interesting. I'll have to see if my Whole Foods carries these. I'd love to read up on research of this. Have you ever tried doing a "blind test" of sorts to see if it's really the water or the placebo affect? I'd be very curious. Also, do you notice a taste difference in the waters?