Friday, August 15, 2008

Vegan, Gluten Free, and Full of Dark Chocolate Richness

http://www.nanascookiecompany.com/
I have seen Nana's Cookies several times in stores, but for some reason have not tried them. Over the weekend, I found single packs of the cookies and decided it was time. I chose the No Gluten Chocolate Crunch Cookie. I only had half, because it was so big. Can you believe the picture above is half the cookie? I was worried about how it would taste because sometimes gluten free products taste a little off, but this one won me over in one bite. It was soft and chewy...somewhere between a brownie and a cake texture. It also had small rice crisps in it for a little added crunch. So many chocolate thoughts came to me while enjoying this treat. First it tasted like chocolate cake, then it kind of tasted like a brownie with frosting...oh no wait, when I bit into one of the crisps, it reminded me of nestle crunch. I will definitely purchase more of these and try more of the cookies in the Nana's line of products!!!! They are vegan and have no refined sugar!!! Nana's cookies has choices for everyone including: gluten free cookies, wheat free cookies, and omega cookies.

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

That cookie sounds too good to be true!! :0)

Tom Aarons said...

I love the idea of "chocolate thoughts!"