Monday, August 11, 2008

"The Gas Pump Ate My Paycheck" Stew


I have been craving a tomato based stew for several days, but didn't want to make a complex recipe or go to the grocery store. I decided to use what I had in my pantry and freezer. I ended up cooking a delicious stew that is very inexpensive to make. It was full of color and texture and hopefully plenty of vitamins. The veggies in my stew were corn, onions, peppers, carrots, green beans, okra, lima beans, potatoes, and tomatoes. You could use any bag of frozen veggies. Just add all the ingredients together and cook in a saucepan until veggies are nice and tender.

Ingredient List:


1 can salt free diced tomatoes (use any flavor)


1/2 bag frozen mixed veggies


2 tbsp Annie's Natural Ketchup


McCormick Italian seasoning to taste




ENJOY!!!






3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

The title of your post made me laugh out loud, haha :0) Great stew recipe!

Deborah said...

I love the title!! The stew sounds delicious!

Bentoist said...

LOL great title! Your stew looks great.