Thursday, August 14, 2008

Powdered Peanut Butter!!!


PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter....I have been looking for this product in stores for months. It magically appeared on the shelf of one of the local health food stores, and I did not hesitate to buy it. It is lower in calories than peanut butter but tastes just as wonderful. So far, I have not actually added water to it and used it as traditional peanut butter. I have only added it to my oatmeal. It makes the oatmeal so creamy and gives it just the right amount of salty and sweet peanut butter taste. Consequently, I have had peanut butter oatmeal every day this week. One day, I also mixed in pureed bananas...DELICIOUS! I have so many plans for using PB2....add to mighty muffin recipes, add to brownie recipes, add to protein shakes, add to hot chocolate, add to pancake recipes, mix with pudding, mix with apple butter....anybody else have more ideas!!!! The website also has many recipes. Below is the nutritional info and website link.




Nutrition Facts: (6.5 oz./184g)

Ingredients: Roasted Peanuts, salt, and sugar

Serving Size: 2 tablespoons (12 grams)
Servings Per Container: 16

Amount Per Serving:
Calories 53.2
Calories from Fat 16.8
Total Fat 1.87 g

Sodium 77.6mg
Total Carbohydrate 3.4g
Sugars 1.66g
Protein 5.65g

14 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Intriguing product!

Bentoist said...

Where did you get it again? My husband would like it since he's a major PB fan.

tons of land said...

I'll betcha they ate that stuff on the moon, along with their Tang. Sounds fascinating. Imagine it with ice cream...or in pancakes!

Reeni said...

YUM, YUM, YUM!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That stuff if great in smoothies and also when you mix it with vanilla yogurt and some cereal!

Meg said...

Bentoist- I got it at the Family Health Market near me in Frisco, Texas....you can order it off the website (link in blog) or I bet you can get it off of Amazon.

Abadeeba- Yummy...ice cream sounds like a great idea.

sportsnutrition- Thanks for the ideas!!!

The Diva on a Diet said...

Love the sound of this - especially in the oatmeal. Yum, thanks for the tip. I'll be checking my local market for it tomorrow.

Cheers!

Dave said...

I find myself strangely compelled to seek out this fascinating powdered product.

Megan said...

hmm powdered peanut butter! seems interesing. Definately something i'd give a shot :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't this stuff FANTASTIC???!!! For the longest time I was bulk ordering it. Simply amazing. It goes well on sandwiches, crackers, fruits, smoothies, etc. I am definitely a fan!!

sweets&sweats.wordpress.com

ST said...

WOW. powdered peanut butter seems interesting.....

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

I've been meaning to try this for a while but I can't find it! The only problem is that many people think of it as a diet product and a great way to cut the fat. Little do they realize though that the fat is the healthiest part! The healthy fats in peanut butter, olive oil, etc... along with a nutritious and otherwise low-fat diet are what help people lose weight. But on its own, this sounds like an awesome product. A great way to add flavor to baked goods and such. I really wonder how it compares to real PB when water is added...

That being said, I put peanut butter in my oatmeal every morning too and would love to put some of this in as well =).

miss v said...

i live in kc, mo... i can get it at any Hy-VEE that has a natural foods section. (i think they call it 'health market')

Meg said...

Miss V: I love that you were using the pb2 at the same time you were checking out my blog. Let me know how the sauce turns out. I would love to try the recipe!!