Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Angel Food Cupcakes with Surprise Ingredient Frosting

My friend's birthday celebration is tomorrow at work and I wanted to make her something similar to her favorite dessert, which is Strawberry Shortcake. I decided to make Angel Food Cupcakes, but I didn't want to just put Cool Whip on top. I found a recipe for Cool Whip Frosting that was perfect. The cupcakes are courtesy of a Betty Crocker mix! The Frosting recipe was found at Cooks.com. It is so easy to make. All you have to do is combine 1 cup Cool Whip, 1 cup low fat or skim milk, and 1 package instant vanilla pudding. The result was a light and creamy frosting with a wonderful vanilla flavor. I am going to use this frosting idea in the future. I am thinking of using butterscotch pudding to make a frosting for some pumpkin cupcakes.

16 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yum!

Wandering Coyote said...

I always prefer to use a cake mix for Angel Food Cakes because otherwise I'm stuck with a whole bunch of egg yolks, and what am I going to do with them all? I love your frosting recipe, too! I know someone who does something similar and it was spectacular. The typical buttercream type icings get a little old after a while.

Dee said...

Oh, yum!

sj said...

they look amazing :)

Anonymous said...

mmmmm...these look so good

Zesty Cook said...

I am hungry for this Meg. Great work.

Keep em coming!!

Krista said...

These look like divine little bites from heaven! There is a recipe on the Kraft website for an "Angel Lush" cake. It involves angel food cake and a filling similar to your frosting with the addition of crushed pineapple. So good!

Anonymous said...

Strawberry shortcake is also my favorite dessert

Reeni said...

Sounds good! And they look so cute!

Adam said...

Mmm angel food with a light frosting... soooo good Meg :)

Jodie said...

Yum! My husband loves strawberry shortcake. I'll have to try it!

Marisa said...

Those LOOK awesome! I am so sucker for cupcakes and for anything with strawberry...I so have to try these!

Heather said...

yum! i looks good :) i love angel food cake, and the frosting sounds great, too!

Tina said...

These look divine!!!!!!

La Madame Chapeau said...

So beautiful :)

Just cream and strawberries (or any kind of berry) can make a magicful touch on food!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, looks delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe.


Looking for resume templates?
interview questions and answers
The best resume templates