Friday, October 10, 2008

Black Bean Pumpkin Polenta Chili



This chili turned out amazing. The polenta gives it a wonderful thick and creamy texture, and the pumpkin pie spice gives it a unique flavor. I can't wait to have the leftovers. I bet the flavors will blend even more and have a stronger kick after brewing together even longer. This would taste wonderful with some cornbread on a chilly night. It would also make a great dish for a potluck or party! I think I might just have to enter this in the Blogger Secret Ingredient contest which is in Rhodey Girl's control this week.

Black Bean Pumpkin Polenta Chili
Ingredients:
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
1 can tomato sauce (80z.)
1 can black beans, drained (16 oz.)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup water
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup polenta

Directions:
In a medium stockpot, combine diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, pumpkin, and water and mix until well blended together.
Mix in chili powder, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Gradually stir in the polenta.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.

27 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Why are you so ridiculously talented in the kitchen, with these recipes?!?!??! Sheesh!! Haha, keep it up :0)

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

It looks as delicious as it does creative!

And to answer your question, yup, the cupcakes are part of the same project... but dumb me left my camera at school, so I can't post the big cupcake post until next week!

Laurie said...

Your pumpkin chili looks wonderful and I'll bet it is even better the day after.

LOVE your dragonfly pumpkin! My life got too busy for blogging for a few days and look at all the yumminess I missed!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

This looks really nice Meg! such a coincidence, I made chili for dinner too!

Stephanie said...

That chili looks good, but that tablecloth is absolutely awesome!!

Unknown said...

ooh, now that sounds good too!!

Anonymous said...

This looks AMAZING and is just the kind of food I am in the mood for. Cannot wait to try it!

Arika
My Yummy Life

Anonymous said...

This looks super great! I love chili and pumpkin so I need to give this a try!

Zesty Cook said...

Hey Megan, If you get a chance can you save me a bowl or two. This looks amazing!! Great stuff.

Adam said...

Pumpkin chili beats all over chili... with one hand tied behind his back, missing a left shoe, and having a case of the Mondays :)

Anonymous said...

This looks so good and EASY!

Krista said...

What a GREAT polenta idea! Rock on! :)

miss v said...

whoa! this looks knock-my-socks-off amazing!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative!

You have my vote for Secret Ingredient winner for sure!!

Anonymous said...

You're killing me with all these fabulous pumpkin recipes. :D

+Jessie
a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

Apples and Butter said...

Looks great and what a creative way to use pumpkin in a chili!

Apples and Butter said...

Looks great and what a creative way to use pumpkin in a chili!

Sam said...

I love chili, never seen a recipe with polenta in before, I'm definitely going to try this it looks great.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

wow this looks amazing!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

An interesting version! I bet it taste really good!

Cheers,

Rosa

NKP said...

This looks like a great cool weather dinner. So hearty, healthy and satisfying.

HangryPants said...

I did pumpkin with polenta, too!

I absolutely love chili and this looks like such a great alternative to the old standby!

Delightfully Healthy said...

I will be trying this!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winnging the BSI contest! I made your kiss/cupcakes the other day (except i used the cherry cordial kisses) - best idea ever - thanks for sharing it!

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

I love this recipe. I'll be making this soon for sure. By polenta, do you mean prepared polenta, the kind you buy in a tube? or simply the ground corn meal?

Rachel S said...

I just made this tonight, except I unfortunately did not have any polenta on hand, so I substituted with rice. The flavors were delicious! I can't wait to make this again, next time with polenta. This was the first recipe I've tried from your site, and I'm sure it won't be the last!

www.vizcaya-3d.com said...

To my mind everybody have to browse on it.