Friday, October 10, 2008

Vanilla Pudding Oatcakes


These are low fat delightful treats with pudding in the mix. These little oatcakes are moist and chewy and full of vanilla cinnamon flavors. They are great in the morning with a cup of coffee, at night as a light dessert, or as a quick snack during the day! You can make these even lower fat and calorie by using Eggbeaters and sugar free/fat free pudding mix. I wonder how these would taste made with a little pumpkin and pumpkin spice thrown in the mix? Actually, I just remembered that Jello Pudding has a pumpkin pudding mix during the holidays. I will have to keep my eye out for it so I can make Pumpkin Pudding Oatcakes.
Vanilla Pudding Oatcakes
makes 12 mini cakes
Ingredients:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup raisins
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the flour, oats, and pudding mix in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix the applesauce,brown sugar,
cinnamon and baking soda.
Gradually mix in eggs.
Gradually mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
Add in the raisins and mix.
Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the 'oatcake' name. too cute! I will have to keep a look out for the pumpkin pudding mix!

Unknown said...

love these! except i would probably eat too many in one sitting... :) I'm totally on board for a chocolate pumpkin cake, too!!

Anonymous said...

Yum! Yes, make the pumpkin ones next! Yay. Also, I swear, pudding mix is like a magic ingredient in some baked goods.

+Jessie
a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

OOOH, delightful treats, indeed!!

Jessie said...

I can already taste them, they look chewy and moist! Yummy recipe :)

Anonymous said...

looks great... i have a problem with the instant pudding though it does not sit well with me!

Gita Jaishankar said...

Hi Meg,
This cake is a new one for me. Will definitely try it.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

these oatcakes look so interesting1
what's the brand of vanilla pudding you use? I never used any. Any recommendation?

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

thanks Meg. I'll try it!

Joie de vivre said...

Oh! These sound just lovely. I have a recipe for a chocolate cookie on my site that uses chocolate pudding. I love using pudding mix in things. I am going to try these soon! I'll let you know how they go.

Erin said...

I think I'm in love with your super cute dishes!

Anonymous said...

These sound great, and also seem like they wouldn't be as dried out as other lowfat recipes I've tried.

Anonymous said...

Interesting idea to make a cake/cookie out of pudding and oats. I like it! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy! I would add choclate chips!

By the way, I'm the sister of Charlie, www.backtothefridge.com

He introduced me to your site. I love it!

Reeni said...

They look so good and kind of healthy too! I bet they are terrific with a cup of holiday spiced tea.

Krista said...

Those little cakes look wonderful!

That Girl said...

These look like something you'd find in starbucks

Elizabeth said...

Those look delicious! Thank you for the recipe.

Apples and Butter said...

Those look like a great little sweet snack. I love putting oats into anything sweet!