Friday, October 17, 2008

Peanut Butter Energy Balls



I felt like playing in the kitchen this morning since I don't have to go to work until later. I wanted to make something easy, but fun and tasty! I found this recipe for Peanut Butter Energy balls at RecipeZaar. I must say they are quite tasty! Watch out though!! They are quite "poppable"! It doesn't take long for several of them to pop into your mouth and disappear! I only made half the recipe because I was afraid of the "popability" factor! I did not have flax seed or wheat germ, so I did not roll these balls in a topping. I actually am intrigued with the idea of rolling them in coconut!

Peanut Butter Energy Balls

Ingredients
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup sunflower seed
1 cup raisins
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon flax seed (optional)
1 tablespoon wheat germ (optional)

Directions
Mix peanut butter, oatmeal, sunflower seeds, raisins, and honey.
Roll mixture into balls.
Mix equal amounts of flax seeds and wheat germ in a bowl and roll the balls in this mixture (optional).
Let balls sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
If you use natural peanut butter the mixture could be more dry. If this is the case add a little milk; about 1/2 tablespoon at a time.


Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look and sound really good! I'l have to give them a try!

Ballal said...

Hey, thanks for the comments! Am going to stunn every one with some baking soon too!
XXX

www.foodmelike.blogspot.com

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh my, those balls are FAAAAAABULOUS.

Unknown said...

oh boy, i'm sure they would all just pop into my mouth on their own, and then i'd feel a little ill... :)

Krista said...

Those look like little morsels of heaven! Yum!

Wandering Coyote said...

These really seem familiar to me...Somewhere back in the mists of time, someone in my life made something like these. Probably my mom. Totally yummy!

Jessie said...

I need to make these, it would make a great post workout snack.

test it comm said...

These peanut butter poppers sound good!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great find! the look yummy! Thanks for posting

Anonymous said...

I better not go there. I have no self control! They look so cute and poppable though! :)

Laurel said...

Love it! I'm always looking for new ways to consume peanut butter...

Anonymous said...

Wow, simple ingredients too!

Anonymous said...

Those look very poppable indeed!

Zesty Cook said...

WOW Megan - This could spell danger for me..... they are so small I would eat the whole batch :)

miss v said...

yum yum! i think i would have popped them all in my mouth. dangerous indeed!

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

Excellent, these look like perfect little balls of energy. I could really use some right now...

Anonymous said...

Those look great! Thanks for the recipe :D

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

oh~~~ this little things must taste great!!!
have a nice weekend Meg.

That Girl said...

These would be great to bring on a hike!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I like the fact that they are healthy as well!

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

O my these look amazing I think I will have to play int the kitchen this weekend with those yummy delights!

Reeni said...

Delicious and healthy. Lots of my favorite things are rolled into one!

Anonymous said...

Looking good to me. This would be great for the 3pm slump.

Laurie said...

Wow, you cook BEFORE work? These look great. It's good to catch up with you. I love your little friend's happy t-shirt!

HangryPants said...

Great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

Natasha said...

I've been toying with the idea of making something like this for ages! Now I don't even have to make up a recipe, I can just snatch yours! Thanks!

Apples and Butter said...

Anything peanut butter is good in my book!