Saturday, October 25, 2008

Autumn Pumpkin Orzo



I found this wonderful Autumn orzo last weekend at a craft fair. It is a combination of pumpkin, sage, and chestnut orzo. I searched for the perfect recipe to use it in, and I found it! I might use more pasta next time, because it seemed a little too saucy to me. The flavors that blend in this recipe are amazing. Check out the Pappardelle's Pasta site. They have tons of recipes and a wide variety of flavored pastas, including chocolate linguine!

Pumpkin Orzo
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup orzo pasta

Directions
In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, pumpkin, butter, honey, balsamic vinegar, ginger, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add orzo. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes, or until orzo is tender. Serve immediately

Get daily e-mail updates from Megan's Munchies. Subscribe here!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh, like the new look :) this sounds awesome!!

Reeni said...

Love the flavors in here, looks yummy!

Bob said...

That looks wicked good.

Trying To Heal said...

wow, those looks amazing. i love orzo..i need to have it more often!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yes, please!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

Meg, I just got orzo pasta last week and have no idea what to do with them. Now, I found the Perfect way to prepare it! with PUMPKIN! my favorite! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Your new layout and colors are beautiful! And of course, everything you make and blog about is golden. :) I'm v. impressed Megan!

judyfoodie said...

mmmm pumpkin. What a great original recipe. I would of never thought of mixing those two things together.

Erica said...

Pumpkin orzo? This sounds incredible. I love pumpkin and have a bundle leftover from baking today. I may need to try this!!

Anonymous said...

This sounds and looks incredible! I've never tried orzo before, but I'm pretty sure I'd love it if I used this recipe!

miho said...

how do you come up with these recipes?!?!

Anonymous said...

sorry i signed with the wrong thing - the above comment was from me.

Dee said...

Wow, this looks fabulous. What a wonderful, attractive Fall dish.

Shelby said...

I really need to broaden my horizons and try some orzo!!

lauren said...

such a great dish for fall - sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Mm, there's that delicious pumpkin at work again! This would be very easy to veganize, too, so perhaps I'll try it out soon.